As Jill and Becki pointed out below, going to college is an awesome experience. It's a time in your life when you get to learn new subjects, meet new people, and maybe most importantly, you learn about yourself. Being a college student means different things for different students. A common theme is choices: you get to chose which college or university you want to attend, the subject you want to major in, and you even get to choose how you will spend your day. For me, however, things were a little different.
I was a student-athlete for 4 years at the University of San Francisco. I received a full scholarship to play basketball at USF. My hard work and dedication to being the best basketball player I could be throughout the years allowed this to happen. I majored in Communications and minored in Business. My day was more structured than most college students because I had a number of commitments each day including class, practice, weights, study hall, watching video, homework, etc. I was exhausted during those 4 years but I'm grateful that I had the opportunity to play basketball at a high level at a school like USF.
I received a great education, made lifelong friends, got to travel the world, and truly learned the value of teamwork. I look back on my college years with fond memories. My experiences and friendships at USF helped me get my job at Google. And I'm still able to play competitive basketball. The below picture is for my current club team. We're traveling to Las Vegas next week for a 4 day tournament. Wish us luck!
I had a great college experience and I feel like it's a gift that keeps on giving. I hope you get to experience something unique yourself.



No comments:
Post a Comment